Admit it, plumbing problems are awful! Good thing, when the worse things happen in your residential plumbing systems in Tyler, TX, the heroic Maddox plumbers always save the day. We understand that plumbing is a critical profession, but do you know there also lies interesting moments in the history of this industry?
We have listed ten crazy plumbing facts below!
- Albert Einstein is an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union. But, do you know how he earned this? He just announced that he would be a plumber if he had to live his life all over again. As simple as that!
- Japan is considered the technology capital of the world. Even their urinals have voice activated flushing mechanisms which respond to different commands, including “fire.”
- Do you know that sewer systems contain a heavy dose of drugs? This is because 90% of the treatments and medication people have taken are excreted through urination. Recent studies of EPA even revealed fish containing a great amount of estrogen, cholesterol-lowering drugs, antibiotics, and even anti-depressants.
- The members of the White House Special Investigations Unit that President Richard Nixon had set up to trace government intelligence leaks are called ‘plumbers.’
- The most famous plumbers ever are Mario and Luigi. The Mario Bros was created in 1985, and since then, they have been in over 200 games.
- King George II of Great Britain died falling off a toilet on the 25th of October 1760.
- “Bathrooms” are termed differently in various places. The most common names are “House of Horror” (Egyptians), “Necessarium” (Romans), “The Privy or house of Privacy” (The Tudors, England), “La Chambre Sent” (France), and “House of Honor” (Israelis).
- The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet. We hope you brought a good book.
- John Harrington invented the flushing toilet in 1596, and its popularity increased with the help of Thomas Crapper. This is why toilets are often called “The John” or “The Crapper.”
- Although we love being called in for a plumbing job, let us share with you these things that history has taught us not to put down the drain: stingy vegetables like asparagus and celery, rice and pasta, bones and grease. Happy eating!
At Maddox Residential and Commercial Services, our plumbing service is as popular as our HVAC, electrical and automation works. If you need help in any of these, feel free to give us a call!